The 46th Annual Lily of Killarney was another huge success held in the Gleneagle Hotel last Friday night May 27th.
The Spa Ladies Committee put together an evening of great entertainment to host one of Killarney’s elite social events of the year.
Bualadh bos to the committee who have put in tremendous amount of hours organising this major fundraiser for the club. Club Chairman Michael Cronin thanked the committee of Marie O’Keeffe (Chairperson) Denise Gleeson, Evelyn Murphy, Sheila Curtin, Claire O’Mahony, Kerry Holland, Tracey O’Mahony, Sheila Cronin, Geraldine O’Neill and Grainne Fitzgibbon for another successful evening.
This would not be a success without the support of our sponsors. Once again the Killarney Credit Union continued their support and Helen Courtney Power and Karena McCarthy were on hand to present the lilies an engraved trophy on stage. Our media partner Killarney Outlook and the guidance of editor Aisling Crosbie was a tremendous help once again.
The 31 Lilies looked beautiful and represented their sponsor with grace and elegance.
- Aisling O Connor – Catherine’s Hair Salon
- Caitlin Kerin – Eagers
- Ciara O Donoghue – Cllr Niall Kelleher
- Connie Lynch – Killarney Medical Centre
- Caroline Abry – The Gleneagle Hotel
- Denise Cremin – Kate’s Kitchen Barraduff
- Dominika Bednarz – The Lake Hotel
- Ellen Coffey – Liebherr
- Emily Horgan – Danny and Maura Healy Rae
- Enya Guerin – Who’s 4 Shoes
- Erica Scanlon – Mol an Óige Childcare
- Gintare Simoliunaite – Killarney Convention Centre/INEC
- Katie Faulds – Jacks Coastguard Restaurant
- Kayla O Connor – Jimmy Briens
- Laura Fitzgerald – Gleesons Dental Surgery
- Liadh O Sullivan – Killarney Oils
- Lisa Fleming – International Hotel
- Lisa Reen – McElligotts Furniture
- Marta Karpus – Beautz Natural Beauty
- Niamh Faulds – MD O Shea’s
- Niamh Fitzgerald – Dunloe Lodge
- Niamh McSweeney – Corrib Oil
- Niamh Morrissey – Murphy’s Bar
- Norelle Murphy – National Tile
- Norma Mahony – Tricel
- Roisin McDonagh – Kilkenny Shop
- Roisin Rea – Celtic Steps
- Sara Macesic – Mom 2 B
- Saoirse Holland – Killarney Brewing Co
- Shauna Goggin – Neily O Connor
- Sinead Moriarty – O Donoghue/Ring Hotels
On the stroke of midnight, the charismatic Ray O’Sullivan, our MC of the night, announced the winner. The judges of Dawn Ryan, Margaret Kissane and Miriam O’Sullivan deliberated all evening and finally a decision was reached to hand over the envelope and Chairperson, Marie O’Keeffe presented the winner, Shauna Goggin, with the Healy-Cronin Perpetual Trophy.
Elated, Sponsor Neily O’Connor, was delighted and congratulated Shauna on stage. 2018 Lily of Killarney, Carmel O’Leary passed over the title to Shauna with hugs and words of great encouragement. (Carmel was a brilliant ambassador for the Lily and documented her year with photos and plenty of selfies).
Liadh Tobin of Killarney Medals and Trophies presented Shauna with a beautiful cut glass trophy. She won €500, a two night break in London for the Killarney/London Reunion 2019 from Noel O’Sullivan, a luxurious hamper of hair products by Pat O’Neill Style Suite, voucher for Sheer Beauty, bouquet of flowers by White Heather, an electrical gift from Mike O’Leary of O’Leary Expert, a gift from Adams Jewellers and a voucher for Beauty Boutique.
Shauna will represent the Lily of Killarney at numerous functions throughout the year including the Killarney/London Reunion, St. Patrick’s Day Parade, Christmas in Killarney and Killarney Races to name but a few.
A special mention to Jill Duggan, Killarney Toning Studio, for her generous package to all 31 contestants. Thanks to Tracy Coyne and The International Hotel for the press launch and the use of their facilities.
Additional sponsorship was generously provided by Allure Hair Salon, Muckross Park Hotel, Park Road Pharmacy, O’Carroll Engineering, McSweeney Arms Hotel, Katie Purtill Physiotherapy, Quirke’s Quarry, Kerry Tool Hire, Sheahan’s Centra Muckross Road, Keane’s Jewellers, BOD Construction, Olympic Haulage, Bricín, Killarney Stonecast, Killarney Medals and Trophies and Quinlan’s Fish Shop.
The Door Raffle prize was: Dinner for two with wine at the Yew Tree Restaurant at the Muckross Park Hotel. Other raffle prizes up for grabs were: Two night stay at the Maritime Hotel, Bantry from the Gleneagle Hotel, €100 voucher from Kerry Tool Hire, Jewellery Gift from Keane’s Jewellers, a Penneys Voucher sponsored by BOD Construction and a Dinner Voucher from Bricín.
Thanks also to Liam Kealy and staff of the Gleneagle Hotel for their assistance to make this night a success. The Band Renovater was also top class.
Last but not least, thanks to all the Spa GAA officers who helped behind the scenes and for all the people who attended to support their Lily. The club is very proud of this event since 1974 and long may it continue.